Monday, May 10, 2004

I was asked the other day what had happened to my blog. First-time fatherhood, followed too swiftly by a death in the family is the happy and sad answer. Nevertheless, it is nice to know that someone is watching.

I'm in two minds whether either of these events constitute 'material'. I could write pages about both, but I'm not sure if I want to. Perhaps it will come out in dribs and drabs. I don't think I ever intended this blog to particularly personal anyway, and one writer's emotional rollercoaster maybe self indulgent mush to the reader.

Outside the office window the sky has an interesting two-tone effect. To the south and out to sea it is blue and clear. To the north and inland it is black. Thunder is to be heard rumbling away in land as well. Today I cycled to work, and inevitably with a storm brewing, forgot to bring a rain jacket.